>>>FAQ About Cogress
FAQ About CogressCogress2019-03-15T11:22:48+00:00

We are committed to full transparency, providing all of the information our investors need to know

About us        Our investments        Risk and securities

Cogress is a private equity firm offering our investor community exclusive property development investment opportunities.

For each development the structure is similar, but not identical. Generally, 60-80% of the total cost is funded by senior debt (loan from a bank). The remaining 40%-20% is funded by equity investment. This equity investment is split between the developer and our investors. In most cases, the developer will fund 10% of the equity and our investors will provide the remaining 90%.
Cogress Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (No. 696171).
We pride ourselves on being extremely selective when picking our investments. With each development, our expert team of analyst conduct due diligence on the developers, their background and review their relevant experience. We also review the development specifications, including identifying and measuring risks and mitigating them when possible, and take into consideration relevant and current market information.
No, the main differences between our model and crowd funding are:

  • Our investments are only offered to eligible investors, who are either sophisticated investors or high-net-worth individuals – please see our registration form to see the eligibility criteria– please see our registration form to see if you are eligible
  • Each project will have a limited amount of capital and number of investors
  • The project will be going ahead with or without the money coming directly from our pool of investors
  • Cogress retains ultimate control over the projects by acting as the General Partner
Each of our projects is managed separately; no investor subscription is allocated across a range of projects.  Each investor chooses whether or not to invest in each individual project as and when they become available.  Each project is individually registered with the regulator as an Alternative Investment Fund (AIF).
  • We charge a Set-Up and Monitoring Fee for each of our projects (typically <7%, but this can differ depending on the project) to cover the costs of due-diligence, legal fees and the ongoing monitoring and management of the project. The developer’s business plan aims to repay the full equity invested including this charge to the investor.
  • We also retain a proportion of the profits (named Success Fees) depending upon the level of investment made:
  1. For investments between £20,000-£60,000 = 20%
  2. For investments over £60,000 = 15%

Note that all returns shown in our investment presentations are net of these fees but not taxes.

Cogress launched in June 2014. It is based on the same model and has the same owners and expertise as our sister company Keren Hagshama, which was formed in 2009.