Events & PR Coordinator
Salary:£18,000 – £22,0000
Line Manager:Head of PR and Events
An opportunity has arisen for an Events & PR Coordinator to join a leading Alternative Finance company as part of their growing marketing team. The role holder will support the delivery of the UK PR and Events strategy across both B2B and B2C business streams, working closely with internal stakeholders to deliver high-quality events nationally.
About the Company
Cogress is a disruptive property investment company. Launched in 2014, we are a close-knit team that has achieved fast-growth relatively organically. Our award-winning model provides mezzanine and private equity loans to SME developers, and makes off-market property development investment opportunities accessible to investors who qualify. To date, Cogress has committed £170m to 52 UK projects, with a combined GDV in excess of £1bn. We have big plans to expand in 2019 and are investing heavily in our marketing team to support this goal.
This role is a junior hire to support the Head of PR and Events. The role holder’s main responsibility will be the delivery of events (we have a lot!) including breakfast briefings, dinners, seminars, roundtables and webinars.
- Co-ordinate the end-to-end delivery of all events in line with the events strategy, including venue sourcing, pre-event logistics, booking travel and accommodation, managing suppliers, sourcing and liaising with speakers, etc.
- Own the events marketing plan, ensuring marketing channels are kept up to date and copy is drafted and approved on time and on brand.
- Developing and issuing internal and external event communications material.
- Research and source new event opportunities and potential partners.
- Support the Head of PR and Events and Marketing Manager in drafting media materials, briefing documents and email copy.
- Support the Social Media Manager in sourcing and designing content that aligns with brand objectives.
- Maintenance of the communications calendar to ensure internal teams have clear visibility of all Events and PR activity.
- Take ownership of our quarterly in-house magazine, managing content submission, coordinating design and liaising with printers.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills in English
- Personable and outgoing, able to engage confidently with stakeholders at all levels.
- ‘Can-do attitude’, willing to learn and happy to pitch in.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, experience with Eventtia an advantage.
- Meticulous, with a good eye for detail.
- Happy to work outside of normal office hours when required.
- Experience in media relations a bonus.
- Sociable and supportive company
- Startup atmosphere
- 20 days holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible working (subject to approval)
- Clear career development goal to Communications Manager
To apply for this role, please submit
- An up-to-date CV
- A statement of interest addressing your suitability against Key Responsibilities (max. 400 words).
To see how Cogress protect and use your data during the recruitment process please read more.