Development Analyst – Portfolio Management Team
About Cogress Ltd.
Cogress is an award-winning, exit-orientated property investment company. We provide mezzanine and private equity to SME property developers and make off-market property development investment opportunities accessible to investors who qualify. To date, Cogress has committed £170m to 52 UK projects, with a combined GDV in excess of £1bn.
Cogress are searching for an ambitious, motivated and adaptable Development Analyst who can help build and grow the business in line with demand.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity to join a fast growing and exciting company. The preferred candidate will work closely with the Head of Portfolio Management to effectively and efficiently manage risks throughout the development cycles of projects across the portfolio, from initial funding through planning, construction and sales. Day-to-day activities will range widely and include development management, strategic negotiating, debt restructuring and basic financial modelling. Success in this role requires a dedication to learn quickly and efficiently, and will lead to an opportunity for great personal and professional development.
About the Role
Main Duties / Responsibilities Of The Role:
- Assisting our Joint Venture partners (property developers) to deliver projects on time and budget.
- Staying in constant communication with the developers, occasionally stepping in and managing parts of the projects where necessary in the case of complications.
- Managing banks and other lenders throughout the development, often through refinances and debt restructuring.
- Modelling and negotiating buyout, sale and other exit scenarios, working closely with our Analysis Team.
- Monitoring the planning, construction and sales process and reporting back to Cogress’ investors on the status and progress of their investments.
Desirable Skills And Experience:
- A strong background in property development, construction or quantity surveying.
- Good understanding of property investment and financial analysis.
- Basic understanding of legal agreements, predominantly loan and joint venture agreements.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and balance numerous responsibilities under time pressure.
- Good fundamental understanding of the property industry, ideally with experience in the London property market.
- Highly motivated and able to work both in a team and autonomously.
To see how Cogress protect and use your data during the recruitment process please read more.