Cogress Limited (“Cogress” or “Firm” or “us”) is committed to protecting personal data that we collect about individuals online, and to be transparent on how we may collect personal data about you.
This policy represents Cogress’ Cookies Policy, and it should be read in conjunction with Cogress’ Privacy Notice, which is available on www.cogressltd.co.uk (“website”).
This section tells you:
- What cookies are.
- How you can manage cookies stored on your device.
By using our websites, through any device, you agree that this policy applies to that use in addition to any other terms and conditions which may apply.
What is a cookie?
A cookie (also called HTTP cookie, web cookie, Internet cookie, browser cookie, or simply cookie) is a small piece of data (text files) sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing.
Cookies are put on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use our website during future visits. Cookies also allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the site for you.
If you do not want to accept cookies
You can block or restrict cookies set by any website, including our website, through the browser settings on each browser you use, on each device you use to access the Internet.
If you should wish to reject the cookies, you can:
- Read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can turn off the automatic download feature; and
- You can find information on how to manage your cookies at allaboutcookies.org and www.aboutcookies.org.
However, without accepting cookies, you may experience reduced website functionality. Please be aware that some of our services will not function if your browser does not accept cookies. However, you can allow cookies from specific websites by making them “trusted websites” in your Internet browser.
Please note that Cogress’ staff cannot provide you with assistance on how to change cookies settings on your devices.
Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details to us, our system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to Cogress’ website. This information is then used to track visitor use of the website and to create statistical reports on website activity.
What cookies will Cogress use and for what purposes?
Cogress’ website uses the following cookies to improve the user experience:
- Single session cookies– these cookies last only for the duration of your visit to the website and are deleted when you close your browser. These facilitate various tasks such as allowing a website to identify that a user of a particular device is navigating from page to page, supporting website security or basic functionality; and in order to improve your overall experience, for example enabling us to determine and display more relevant content.
- Persistent cookies– these cookies last after you have closed your browser, and allow a website to remember your actions and preferences. Sometimes persistent cookies are used by websites to provide targeted advertising based upon the browsing history of the device.
- Strictly necessary cookies– these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, and ensuring the security of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, such as applying for products and managing your accounts, cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you for the purposes of marketing.