Property Investment Analyst
Cogress Ltd is a fast growing and exciting private equity platform enabling a community of qualified investors to choose specifically vetted property development opportunities to invest into in an effective & efficient manner with low barriers to entry (investment levels start at £20,000).
With a unique UK proposition Cogress have previous & proven international experience in this sector and along with their sister company Keren Hagshama, have invested in more than 250 projects globally including the US, Canada, Germany, Cyprus and Israel totalling over £800 million of asset value.
Based on their international success and due to London being the centre of global finance and property, Cogress was founded with a clear focus on the UK market, where they are aggressively and proactively building an exciting and unique presence, aiming to be the largest private funder of residential property development in London.
They are searching for an ambitious, hungry and innovative Investment Analyst who can help build and grow the business in line with demand.
As a senior member of the team the role will cover Investment Analysis and Market Research activities.
Success will lead to significant rewards both personally and professionally.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity to join a fast growing and exciting new venture. The preferred candidate will operate closely with the Head of Analysis to perfect and enhance the Investment Analysis standards to ensure Cogress underwrite exception deals and hit their aggressive financial growth milestones.
This role will require an intelligent, hungry and motivated professional who can analyse, summarise, present and advise the Investment Committee on which property development investments the company should underwrite. The pace is fast and the team is a dynamic and diverse combination of individuals.
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- Working directly with the developer to perform due diligence on property development opportunities across the following practice areas:
- Developer past performance
- Financial assessments of business plans and cash-flow statements
- Market analysis covering comparables, area economics and demographics including sales strategies
- Reviewing and summarising achieved planning permission
- Comprehending potential legal, tax and regulatory issues
- Build dynamic financial models to analyse transactions (incorporating financial statements, capital structures, exit valuation and returns analysis, as well as different scenarios and sensitivities)
- Attend and participate in investment committee meetings
- Assist in presenting investment recommendation papers to investment committees
- Answering investor queries regarding the most recent investment opportunity underwritten by Cogress
- Maintaining a pulse on the latest industry research including but not limited to house price, mortgage, inflation and interest rate indexes
- Producing research papers as marketing materials regarding Cogress’ latest view on the market
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (desirable):
- Degree qualified in quantitate or valuation surveying with demonstrable surveying experience
- RICS and/or CIOB qualified
- Numerate degree with from top-tier University with 2:1 Hons or better
CAREER EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND:
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role ideally from top-tier property developer, valuation surveyor or financial institution
- You will possess strong technical skills and property analysis in particular
BUSINESS SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of a range of building contracts and the ability to provide advice in respect thereof.
- Ability to demonstrate strong quantitative/numerical skills
- Skilled at examining, interpreting and presenting information and utilising this information to make investment decisions
- Excellent user of Excel and PowerPoint
- Managerial skills to potentially set and lead department with time
- Good inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate technical results to non-technical individuals
- Control and process engineering experience is valuable (enhancing the due diligence process as the business grows is desirable)
- Excellent user of Excel and PowerPoint
- Intellectually curiosity and a keen interest in investing
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, team-based environment with a high degree of individual autonomy. Must be able to manage work and prioritise multiple assignments under tight deadlines
- Ambitious and flexible individual prepared to frequently step out of their comfort zone
- Personable and able to build relationships with people of various backgrounds
- Leadership skills to initiate change with an ability to listen, counsel and coach