Head of Communications & PR
Cogress is a unique private equity firm connecting qualified investors with leading property developers.
With investment units starting from £20,000, our model provides access to property development opportunities usually reserved for the largest investors. Each opportunity is carefully vetted and aimed at sharing profits on exit.
Since 2014, Cogress has raised more than £130m in equity, invested in more than 40 UK projects with a gross development value of more than £800 million.
We are searching for an ambitious, hungry and innovative communications professional who can help build and grow the business in line with demand. As a senior member of the team the role will cover Marketing, PR, Events and Communications activities. Success will lead to significant rewards both personally and professionally.
About the role:
Main Duties/Responsibilities Of The Role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Head of PR and Communications at Cogress Ltd.
The candidate will lead Cogress’ engagement with the media (including traditional, print, broadcast and online), delivering targeted campaigns in order to raise brand awareness of Cogress and its proposition amongst both investors and developers.
The individual will play a central role in driving and defining the organisation’s positioning and telling its story.
Ideally, the candidate will have experience working in an agency or a fast-paced in-house environment, and be at a Director level or above.
Ideal candidates will display:
- A track-record of dealing with the property and private equity media (Property Week, Estates Gazette, Real Deals, Private Equity Wire, etc.)
- Experience in organising and managing events and exhibitions
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Good attention to detail and task focused
- Experience in creating content for marketing channels (especially digital marketing channels, including social media)
- Experience in developing PR campaign strategies
This is a fantastic opportunity to establish the press office function within the organisation and build your own team within an ambitious business with a rapidly growing portfolio.
- Content creation for website and any other marketing materials or customer-facing communication
- Work with stakeholders across the business (Board, Executive Committee and other business leaders) to advise on and define the key communications objectives for various parts of the business, as well as key messages and the overall story we’re trying to tell
- Building out Cogress’ brand strategy across multiple channels, customer communication and social channels
- Manage strategic and tactical internal communications for the company
- Manage relationships with relevant agencies and any third-party contractors we may engage with
- Lead planning and organisation of company events
- Pitch the business to speak at other relevant events
- Engaging with client’s PR agencies/teams when it comes to publicising deals
- Salary: competitive but depends on experience